Tuesday 25 August 2015

VEGAN ALERT!! - Meals of the day & Why I'm going to try being vegan... :)!



Hey Guys!

and welcome back to my blog! 



I am so sorry I have basically neglected my blog, I thought I wouldn't be able to fit the time in to my day to sit down and write & plan  blog posts as well as doing YouTube & I was seriously considering deleting my page but I held back from doing that (as you can tell) and and I've decided I am going to try my hardest to fit blogging into my schedule when I start college and weeks leading up to college... so once again I am  BEYOND sorry and I am going to be more active and less of a ghost on here :P


 ENOUGH RAMBLING   - Lets get started!

first of all YES the title of this blog post says 'VEGAN' and yes, I am going to try going 'VEGAN' as of today!! :)


Meals of the day!

Breakfast:



so, my mum originally brought down a poached egg with kale (I'm guessing she thought I was joking when I told her I wanted to go vegan the night before,haha) but when I politely told her I didn't want to eat egg any more she came down again with this delicious & creamy tasting Kale, Apple & Agave nectar juice. It was so sweet!! it tasted like an extra sweet apple juice... only it was extra healthy too. :)


Lunch:



Because I wasn't really hungry since I drank my green juice earlier (shout-out to mumzy for hooking me up!) I had my lunch quite late about an hour before dinner time, I had these very tasty and spicy oven baked sweet carrot fries. To add flavour I used cayenne pepper, coconut sugar, coconut oil - instead of olive oil and Himalayan pink salt Click Here for Recipe. I ate my flavoursome fries with some organic pukka tea the flavour is called 'after dinner' the ingredients in this tea are: fennel, roasted chicory & cardamom.


Dinner:




Then  a bit later I had dinner with my family and I thoroughly enjoyed this lovely warming dinner (perfect for a rainy day & I just developed a cold so it was also perfect for that too :P), it was almost like a curry but chunky... if that makes sense ahaha.
I ate this with the rest of my herbal tea and a glass of water to wash it down,The vegetables in this dish were - Carrot, Courgette, Kohlrabi, Potatoes, Onion, Carrots, Sweet pepper, Green beans & Leek :)





Let Me Explain...


so, I told a few of my friends and they were I'd say, confused as to why I made this choice and didn't really understand what I could eat and why so I shall explain ;) 

me and my family had been cutting out a lot of meat it started gradually from cutting out read meats, to poultry, and then down to just cutting it out of our diet full stop... but then we found ourselves introducing it back into our diets again and we got used to it being in our meals with a bit of salad on the side to make it look like we were 'oh so healthy' haha (I know, we're naughty :P). 

We've only just had about a solid four months going back on being  strictly NO meat - except fish ( at home :P), my mum stuck to it 100% but me and my brother being 'rebellious kidz' and all went out for lunch with our friends and had meat in our diets every so often, mum knew but she couldn't have been very happy because she wants us to take our health seriously and be cautious of what we put internally in our bodies because it can really effect us physically on the outside of our bodies also.

My mum buys us ALL 100% organic food and enjoys volunteering as an organic grower, so she introduced me to the wonerful world of organic :P haha and trust me guys, organic fruit and veg tastes so much more flavoursome and sweeter than that genetically modified, pesticide sprayed, artificial, contaminated soil containing rubbish :P

so, let's just say I'm past the point of missing meat because It's really not worth the damage to my body and I can get over not eating fish (it's no biggy). so the question now is do I really need to tell you more about the damages of meat to the body? and the answer is YES!!!!


Red Meat or Deadly meat?
1. Researchers found that iron began to gather together in specifically 31 Alzheimers patients brains,They realised they discovered this accumulation of iron in a part of the brain which is usually damaged in the early stages of the condition and this connects to red meat because RED MEAT IS FULL OF  IRON and obviously a high-red meat diet it can lead to iron build up.



Too Much antibiotics is not good
2. Most, or even all animals are  subjected to various medicines on a regular basis and these medicines are mostly antibiotics. The medicines do not magically disappear from the body and researchers are studying the effects of them on OUR bodies. However, what we do know for sure is that today it has contributed to the current antibiotic resistance, meaning the antibiotics that we may need to be of help to us at some point in our lives, WILL NO LONGER WORK  because the bacteria that causes sickness have gotten so much experience with them in small doses to mutate against them. which in simpler words means the body has gotten so used to antibiotics in our bodies that the bacteria can build up against the antibiotic and take over.



would you go fishing in the sewer?
3. If I asked any one of you guys to fish a salmon out of the city's sewer system I'm sure you'd be disgusted I even suggested it, right? Well According to the Norwegian government, the salmon and trout farms in Norway themselves produce APPROXIMATELY THE SAME AMOUNT OF SEWAGE AS NEW YORK CITY The HUGE amount of raw sewage, dead fish corpses, and antibiotic-laden fish food sludge settling below farmed farmed salmon cages can actually cause the ocean floors to rot, which destroys important habitat for the already strained ecosystem and turning coastal waters into open sewers.



GMOs are no good for you
4. The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) plead with doctors to prescribe non-GMO diets for all patients. They refer to animals studies showing organ damage, gastrointestinal and immune system disorders, accelerated aging, and infertility. Human studies show how genetically modified (GM) food can leave material behind inside our bodies, possibly causing long-term problems. Genes put into GM soy, for example, can TRANSFER INTO DNA OF BACTERIA LIVING INSIDE OF US  , and that the toxic pesticide produced by GM corn was found in the blood of pregnant women and their unborn fetuses.

A number of health problems began to rise after Genetically Modified Organisms (commonly knows as GMOs) were introduced in 1996. The percentage of Americans with three or more persisting  illnesses leapt from 7% to 13% in just 9 years - food allergies sky-rocketed, and disorders such as autism, reproductive disorders, digestive problems, and others are rising. Although there is not enough evidence to back up these claims, you can do the math (or the science idk) and realise for yourself that artificial things that are not from the earth, therefore man made in or on our foods are no joke and should not be in our bodies causing damage to our digestive system in any way.




so, these are the reasons why I've just decided not to take any risks with my health, try going
vegan and definitely eat only organic foods!


I really do hope this has helped, be sure to leave some feedback and requests :)

(now I'm off to drink  some relaxing oat flour, lavender & limeflower tea and have a peaceful sleep)


That's All!





love chrissy x








No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT VEGANS EAT - iron, protein and calcium

Hey Guys! and welcome back to my blog :) so in today's blog post I'm going to be talking about how vegans get their suf...