Monday 5 January 2015

Beauty Favourites of 2014!



Hey Guys!

Welcome back to my blog!

So, in today's post I will be showing you my beauty faves of 2014 and telling you exactly why they are my favourites too!
I have chosen these products in the category of summer/winter,natural looks/'go to' looks etc...

Let's get started!

#1. My 'go to' mascara is The YSL baby doll mascara,which I recently done a review on, it's definitely an absolute favourite of mine, it gives my lashes volume and length to the fullest!
click here to view/buy it 



#2.My everyday foundation Is my YSL Le teint touche eclat foundation, ever since I bought this foundation in the summer I haven't been able to take my hands off it! It's really hard to find my foundation colour since my skin has a yellow undertone but this foundation suits my skin tone so well and doesn't give me that orangey cakey look, it's smooth and delicate and applies so well! I only literally use ONE pump and it spreads around my whole face, for my neck I just use half a pump and I'm good to go!


#3. Is my Translucent powder, I have chosen it as one of my favourites as I feel it does my skin justice.. 'justice?' you may ask.yes, justice. It isn't entirely mattifying throughout the whole day but it really does tone down the oil on my T zone , it dulls the shine quite well.
I don't think I will be getting any other translucent powder as I feel that if YSL, a quality makeup brand's product doesn't do the complete job then why would any other?

#4. My next favourite is my L'oreal paris infiniment bronze eyehsadow,I certainly enjoy using this palette  because I use it for special occasions and it never fails me, each time i use it , it gives me a beautiful bronze smoky eye which is sophisticated and chic and I just use the lightest colour to highlight my brows.
The eye shadows are not too pigmented but not too dusty and last for quite a long time! i'm sure if I invested in an eye primer it would stay on all day!   




#5. Is my go to eyeshadow palette it is the  'undress me too' MUA eyeshadow palette. All the colours are nice and pigmented and apply smoothly. I like using these shadows because each colour in the palette goes well with something I own whether it's lipstick or clothing, it goes. It is such a lovely neutral palette!
click here to view/buy it! - this palette is on offer so I suggest you grab it now!

#6. Is my go to blusher from Lancome, blush subtil in the colour Brun Roche which I wear nearly all the time! I wear it with my everyday look for college (by everyday I don't mean a natural look, by everyday I mean not too casual not too done up.. just to clarify lol) and I also wear it when I want to look dressed up too! it's a very versatile blush because It goes with any look you want to create and it
brightens up my face since it has tiny flecks of glitter and because of the really nice pastel pink colour!  

#7. Is my Accessorize natural passion dreamstate limited edition collection gift set, it comes with an eyeshadow palette, a mascara and a bronzer (which I use as a blush because it's too light on my skin
to use as a bronzer)
 I will talk about each product in the set individually:

The mascara - I used this mascara a lot in 2014! the brush is perfect and it coats all my lashes.
This accessorize mascara does not dry up AT ALL! I received the gift set in 2012 and it is still going strong! ( I haven't been using it since 2012 so I've yet to find out how long it lasts until it runs out). This mascara does all that it needs to do, thickens, separates, lengthens and curls my eyelashes. When I use it I don't put it on my bottom lashes as the brush is too big and gets everywhere and smudges under my eye, but apart from that it does the trick!


The eyeshadow palette - These eyeshadows are really creamy and pigmented, they go on like a dream and they last throughout the whole day without any primer! I used to use the pink a lot just on my lower lid by itself to go with what I was wearing and it looked awesome. the colour is not too strong at all, but now that I've learnt to blend eyeshadow I really like using this palette to blend different colours together and experiment!

the bronzer - I use this bronzer as a blush , as I mentioned before. I use this blush for a natural look and if I don't wear eyeshadow I just sweep it all over my eye lid to make my eyes look brighter.
It does the job and stays on throughout the day, it also has flecks of glitter in it which gives my skin a healthy glow as well as the colour which is a peachy colour.
so if you're trying to find an inexpensive set including all these things I highly recommend this one!

#8. Is what I use for an everyday look and it's just my sleek brow kit (dark). I really like this brow kit because it's not extremely dark the brushes included do a great job and I really like the fact that it includes tweezers too so you can pluck them quickly in front of the mirror attached to the casing. The brow kit includes a brow gel,brow setting powder,an angled brush (for the gel) ,a rounded brush (for the powder) and a pair of tweezers.
The gel fills in my brows without making them look to dark and bold, and the powder just sets my brows and keeps them from smudging all day.
much better than pencil if you don't want your eyebrows smudging and a filled brow without your brows looking fake and drawn on.     

brow gel with angled brush

brow powder with rounded brush
#9. Is my maXfactor lipstick in the colour Mulberry, I love this colour because I don't have anything like it, it's a nice deep magenta colour with a really nice shimmer, I wore it in my get ready with me new year's blog post. it moisturises my lips and doesn't dry them out in anyway and is easy to apply and not flaky like some of my lipsticks that dry and flake.
click here to view/buy it



#10. Is my sleek true colour lipstick in the colour Mystic, this lipstick is matte. I simply like it because of it's really nice colour it is purpley pink and it is quite bright so I only really wear it when it in the summer. I don't like how it flakes and dries my lips and how hard it is to apply without lip balm underneath. if I could find a similar colour somewhere that add moisture to my lips I would definitely get it because the colour is really nice!




#11. Is my bourjois lipstick in the colour Pretty prune , it is a really lovely deep red colour and it gives moisture to my lips it does not flake in any way either. it is a really sophisticated red and it is not bright at all. it compliments my skin tone and I wore it a lot this winter time!



#12. Is This pink lipstick from primark, it slides on really well, moisturises my lips and doesn't flake them whatsoever it is really shiny and quite a bright colour although it is bright I still wear it all year round instead off just in summer because it is a hot pink and it isn't a light colour. I tend to wear it with black and white, or just white a lot. 
I can't find this on the primark website anymore! sorry :(  but I did find a similar one!click here to view/buy it

#13. Is my maXfactor flipstick colour effect lipstick in the colour bloomy pink, I use these two colours to give myself a natural yet dressed up look.  the flipstick  has a light pink pearly colour and on the other side I have a creamy darker pink shade. since the lighter colour is too light for me to wear by itself I mix the two colours on my lips giving me a neutral pink colour with a shimmer. I really like this colour since it moisturises and goes on my lips with ease. these lipsticks are great for me to wear all year round and for an everyday,dressy and natural look!



#14.Is my Mac sheen supreme lipstick in the colour 'quite the thing!' This lipstick is one of the best lipsticks I have in my collection of lipsticks! it gives a really pretty purple sheen and it applies smoothly, doesn't dry out on your lips and moisturises too! it is a really good product too have because the quality is great. it's everything I want in a lipstick. It gives a shine, it has a bit of a shimmer also and it still shows the colour.

I done a swatch for you guys so you can see how it looks since you cannot see the sheen in  the picture



#15. Is my models own lip-stix in the colour Very Berry, this lip crayon dries my lips but my clear lip gloss that has a shimmer, which is the NYC  kiss gloss called Murray Hill melon prevents the drying so I put this on top of it to make it more moisturising for my lips. not only do I put the lip gloss on top because of the drying issue but also because it brings out the colour in my lip crayon more and it gives it a nice shine. sometimes I wear the lip crayon by itself because the drying isn't that harsh. it is a nice deep purple colour that is great for winter!



#16. Is my Maybelline New York  master precise liquid eyeliner in the colour forest brown. This eyeliner is my  'go to'/every day liquid eyeliner.I never used to apply eyeliner well becuase I had just started wearing makeup so this eyeliner really helped me out, the tip is thin so you can glide the tip with ease and it will follow your hand movements, it is almost like drawing (but without the pressure). it was easy to get the hang of and use, although I really like this product I think I will change my eyeliner once I run out because want to be able to use an advanced one and get a really precise wing. I'd definitely recommend this to beginners when it comes to makeup!

#17.Is my Rimmel London Vinyl max lip gloss in the colour Addictive.It's really nice and thick so you can see the colour and the applicator gets loads out so you only really need one swipe of it on your bottom lip and then you can just blend it onto your top lip and you're good to go! I really like this lip gloss for a natural look. so if I decide to just wear my foundation, powder,use my eyebrow pencil to quickly fill in my brows and  just want to curl my lashes I like putting this on to complete the look. When I never wore makeup I used to wear this all the time and it really brightened up my face. This lip gloss keeps my lips feeling moisturised and soft throughout the day.    


#18. Is my L'oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara in the colour violet. I really like this mascara because it coats my lashes well, separates, curls them and stretches them too! I chose to get purple so that I can wear it with outfits that are all black, to brighten the outfit up or have a bit of purple in them. the colour doesn't show up if you are indoors but once you are outside it shows up subtly. 
click here to view/buy it - this mascara is on offer so I suggest you get your hands on it now!

#19. Is all my body shop makeup brushes. These brushes are so soft and they do their jobs well, they all apply smoothly and blend well. I particularly like the powder foundation brush and I use it to apply my blusher. the two eye brushes (rounded and slanted) blend my eyeshadow well and apply my eyeshadow nicely so it doesn't look to thick. The face/body brush is what I use to fade my contouring if it comes out too strong, it fades my contouring really well and it is a really soft brush to use. 

click here to view/buy it - face/body brush - it doesn't look the same because I got it quite a while ago but i'm sure it has the same properties!


face/body brush


slanted brush

rounded brush

powder foundation brush
#20.Is a very recent favourite of mine as I  just started using it again, it is my foundation & concealer brush from primark, I like using this brush when I have extra time to spend on my makeup because it helps me to cover my blemishes more, I am also able to blend my foundation into my hairline with the brush whereas with my hands when I don't have a lot of time I find it harder to do this, although when I use my hands to blend it gives a natural finish I prefer to use my foundation brush if I have time to.

#21.Is my Champneys set of 5 nail polishes & a base/top coat. I recently bought this in the sale and I absolutely love all the colours, I haven't been able to  try out all of them yet buy I certainly will! I have worn the red colour and my mum has worn the blue. Usually each colour individually is £5 each on the Champneys website and this set is £12 at full price so I'm happy I got it at half price and not each individually! They are such a lovely variety of glistening colours that actually look like they are a quality product when you put it on, they are so easy and smooth to apply and aren't gloopy at all!

click here to view/buy it - on eBay these are £4.80 in total, I got mine for £6 in boots so on eBay it is such a bargain! I suggest you get them!!


#22.Is all my nivea products, I really like how nivea feels on my skin - soft,fresh and smooth.
I will tell you about them individually:

the 2 in 1 creanser & toner is so smooth, creamy and relieves any soreness you may have on your face.It also smells really nice - creamy and fresh. it takes of most of my makeup and the rest (which isn't a lot) I take off with a nivea wipe. I used to have eczema so I had dark patches on my neck from where the eczema was and the cleanser & toner cleared it up!

click here to view/buy it - it's on offer! snatch it while you can!
 This exfoliating scrub is really good! it scrub your face really well without being harsh. it got rid of all my white & black heads,lightened and got rid of some of my blemishes and it  makes your skin feel so nice, fresh and clean when you have finished.

click here to view/buy it - snap it up whilst it's on offer!


my nivea day cream is very light but effective, it moisturises my skin very well and keeps it moisturised throughout the whole day! I also really like that it has vitamin E in it, has SPF 15 and it also has hydra IQ
click here to view/buy it - it's on offer! grab it!


My nivea face wipes feel very light and fresh on your face, they smell really nice and they relieve any soreness on your face. they are so soothing on your skin!

click here to view/buy it - take advantage of that offer!

That's All!

thanks for stopping by!

chrissy x






















  









No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT VEGANS EAT - iron, protein and calcium

Hey Guys! and welcome back to my blog :) so in today's blog post I'm going to be talking about how vegans get their suf...